from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A burden.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The tonnage of a ship based on the number of tuns of wine that it could carry in its holds.
- n. Archaic spelling of burden.
- v. Archaic spelling of burden.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- See burden.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Older form of burden.
- n. Older form of burden.
- n. An erroneous form of burden, by confusion with burden and burden.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. weight down with a load
- n. a variant of `burden'
Sorry, no etymologies found.