American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A knot made with a loop so that it slips easily along the rope or cord around which it is tied.
- n. A knot made so that it can readily be untied by pulling one free end.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A knot which can be easily slipped or undone by pulling the loose end of the last loop made; a bow-knot.
- n. Same as running knot (which see, under running).
- n. alternative spelling of slip knot.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. knot which slips along the rope or line around which it is made.
- n. a knot at the end of a cord or rope that can slip along the cord or rope around which it is made
“A slipknot is the foundation stitch of a crocheted chain.”
“It begins by stating that all cast ons must begin with a slipknot, which is not true.”
“And write back with the resalts. and also so there was one "slipknot" song (from there new albem, i forget what song) but it sounded like it had some sort of messeage at the end, cuz even the instaments of the band sounded like it was backwards.”
“Alice fashioned a loop and slipknot with the remaining length.”
“There's a place in the heart of the world of commerce called Liberty Square; lower Manhattan, NYC, deep in the money district -- the trade market, slipknot wink-wink wheel-greasing machinery.”
“Lastly, tie a slipknot on each of the four remaining tag ends; these are the droppers that will hold the calls.”
“You can attach each duck call to one dropper with a slipknot around the groove under the band of the call.”
“While Belarusians waited for hours in lines outside exchange shops, their leader blamed Western countries for trying "to strangle the country with a slipknot"European Council on Foreign Relations Belarus expert Jana Kobzova said the tactic of blaming others is a key to the 17 year rule of a man often called "the last dictator in Europe.”
“I Woke up checked my email and nothing, I went to the grocery store for about two hours, when I returned I saw the email of Jim Gordon, and by the time I got to the operation slipknot site everything was over, all the packages had been intercepted … then I was expecting new suspects and now I see it's all over!”
“Another yoink here and there, and I was down to just a slipknot.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘slipknot’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
O time, thou must untangle this, not I.
It is too hard a knot for me to untie.
-- Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, Act 2, scene 2
Just what it says. Words that end in -ot.
Looking for tweets for slipknot.