from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A flat basket or frail for figs, etc.
- n. A lady's flat workbasket, reticule, or handbag.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A flat basket or frail for figs, etc.; hence, a lady's flat workbasket, reticule, or hand bag; -- often written caba.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In France, a kind of basket, pannier, or frail, made of woven rush- or palm-leaves or grass, generally of a round form, serving to carry provisions, especially figs, dates, raisins, or prunes.
- n. A similar basket used as a traveling-bag; a hand-bag.
- n. A lady's work-basket or reticule. In this and the preceding sense also (in the United States) caba.