from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An Andalusian solo dance in 3/4 time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dance, in triple time and related to the flamenco and fandango, from Andalusia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An Andalusian dance in three-four time, resembling the bolero.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Spanish dance similar to the bolero.
- n. A musical piece in triple rhythm, like the bolero.
Spanish, small boat, cachucha, possibly from diminutive of cacho, shard, saucepan, probably from Vulgar Latin *cacculus, alteration of Latin caccabus, pot, from Greek kakkabos, probably of Semitic origin; akin to Akkadian kukkubu, a small container.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)