American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An Andalusian solo dance in 3/4 time.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Spanish dance similar to the bolero.
- n. A musical piece in triple rhythm, like the bolero.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An Andalusian dance in three-four time, resembling the bolero.
- Spanish, small boat, cachucha, possibly from diminutive of cacho, shard, saucepan, probably from Vulgar Latin *cacculus, alteration of Latin caccabus, pot, from Greek kakkabos, probably of Semitic origin; akin to Akkadian kukkubu, a small container. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I was in love with the heroine, the lovely dancer whose 'cachucha' turned my head, along with that of the cardinal, but whose name even I have forgotten, and I went about with the thought of her burning in my heart, as if she had been a real person.”
“cachucha," or the Sylphide or the Revolte du Serail with Taglioni.”
“Can't Post | Private Reply cachucha - Prenda de vestir, generalmente de tela y con visera, con que se cubre la cabeza.”
“This is not as inauthentic as it sounds, actually, because the habanero is a close relative of Cuban sweet peppers ajÃ dulce, a.k.a. ajÃ cachucha.”
“Two juicy chicken sausages and breaded cachucha peppers stuffed with melted cheese completed the picture.”
“As for _El Oleano_, this is a sort of cachucha; and it certainly gives Donna Lola Montez an opportunity of introducing herself to the public under a very captivating aspect ....”
“There, under expert tuition, she learned to rattle the castanets, and practised the bolero and the cachucha, as well as the classic arabesques and entrechats and the technique accompanying them.”
“Weiberseind von Benedix_, followed by a cachucha and a fandango with”
“I saw Fanny Elssler dance the _cracovienne_ and the _cachucha_, and it is a memory which will linger with me always.”
“We paid court to Rosita and she'd laugh like a madwoman, and dance the tango, the _cachucha_ and the _vito_, and she'd fail the”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cachucha’.
The Moves. Do~do~ditty!
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for cachucha.