from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A roadside telephone used for reporting motorists' emergencies, such as collisions and automotive breakdowns.
- n. Chiefly British A public telephone booth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A telephone on the interstate to make phone calls in case of emergency.
- n. A telephone box.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. booth for using a telephone
- n. a numbered compartment in a post office where mail is put to be called for
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.