from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or growing in uncultivated land or open fields.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to open fields or uncultivated land.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to an open field; growing in a field, or open ground.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to an open field; growing in a field or on open ground.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of fields or open country
From Latin campester, of a field, from campus, field.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin campester ("of a field"), from campus ("field"). (Wiktionary)