from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An engine shaft fitted with a cam or cams.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A shaft fitted with cams; especially one in a piston engine that activates the valves.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a shaft that has cams attached to it, forming part of a mechanical device.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shaft with cams or wipers used to lift the pestles of stamping-mills.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. has cams attached to it
cam + shaft (Wiktionary)