from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To furnish with or convert into a canal or canals.
- transitive v. To provide an outlet for; channel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of canalise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. to provide with a canal, as of a city.
- v. to to direct the flow of; -- also used abstractly, as of money or information.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make a canal through; provide with a canal or canals.
- To convert into a canal: as, to canalize a river.
- Also spelled canalise.
- To form a channel or canal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. provide (a city) with a canal
- v. direct the flow of
canal + -ize (Wiktionary)