- n. An hors d’oeuvre, a bite size slice open-faced sandwich made of thin bread or toast topped with savory garnish.
- n. A piece of furniture similar to a couch or settee, an elegant sofa.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A sofa or divan.
- n. (Cookery) an appetizer consisting of a thin slice or piece of bread toasted or fried in butter or oil, on which anchovies, mushrooms, caviar, cheese, or other savory foods, are served.
- n. an appetizer consisting usually of a thin slice of bread or toast spread with caviar or cheese or other savory food
- From French (see below). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘canapé’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
Looking for tweets for canapé.