from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A slender bowling pin used in a variation of the game of tenpins.
- n. A bowling game using slender pins and a ball smaller than that used in tenpins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kind of cylindrical tenpin used in a North American regional form of bowling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A form of bowling pin slender and nearly straight like a candle.
- n. The game played with such pins; -- in form candlepins, used as a singular.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bowling pin that is thin by comparison with a tenpin
candle + pin, from its shape. (Wiktionary)