Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A horse.
- n. In mining, a wall of a lode: so called by Cornish miners, and chiefly when the country closely adjacent to the lode itself has been more or less altered by those chemical agencies under the influence of which the latter was formed. This alteration usually shows itself in a silicification and hardening of the rock. The capels are sometimes themselves so impregnated with metalliferous particles as to be worth working; in such cases they are usually recognized as forming a part of the lode. If barren of ore, they are considered as belonging to the country. At the Mary Ann wheal (or mine) in Cornwall, and perhaps in other mines, the capel is called the cab; it is there described as consisting of chalcedonic quartz, and is considered as being a part of the lode, although barren of ore. The word is rarely heard outside of Cornwall. In the United States casing takes its place to some extent.
- n. The horn joint which connects the two parts of a fiail.
- n. mining A composite stone (quartz, schorl, and hornblende) in the walls of tin and copper lodes.
- n. a horse
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. obsolete A horse; a nag.
- n. (Mining) A composite stone (quartz, schorl, and hornblende) in the walls of tin and copper lodes.
- From Latin caballus, via Icelandic. (Wiktionary)
“Moriah, over which Essec her husband's brother lorded; and him she addressed decorously, as one does address a ruler of the capel.”
“Mother and father of a thief in the house of the capel bach of Jesus Christ.”
“And the Big Man made the capel and the respected that is the jewel of the capel.”
“Summer by summer he went to Wales and remained there two weeks; and he gave a packet of tea or coffee to every widow who worshiped in the capel, and a feast of tea and currant bread and carraway-seed cake to the little children of the capel.”
“The capel needs your money, boys bach, that the light -- the grand, religious light -- shall shine in the pulpit.”
“Remembering how that he had prayed, Tim answered: "Try a prayer will I near the capel.”
“Bai bic ɔaa nen in canante tumen in yumob Ah Naum Pech lic utzcinic utz olal u belil u kahlail uay ti cacab Cħac Xulub Cħen in yax mekthantah lai cah lae capel cacab Chichinica _y_ uay Cħaac Xulub Cħen.”
“Here are the players that I chose from: Premier League Manchester 5-2 Tottenham Ronaldo 2 Rooney Berbatov bent modric Hull 1-3 Liverpool Kuyt Alonso Geovanni 2-2 henry messi eto'o pablo maduro resumen completo Highlights in high quality sevilla 2-4 real madrid raul hat-trick marclo capel renato liga española 4 puntos 02/05/2009 23”
“Kuyt Alonso Geovanni 2-2 henry messi eto'o resumen completo Highlights in high quality sevilla 2-4 real madrid raul hat-trick marcelo capel renato luis fabiano liga española Real Madrid - FC Barcelona santiago bernabeu Player in Corinthians - Cruzeiro -”
“Kuyt Alonso Geovanni 2-2 henry messi eto'o resumen completo Highlights in high quality sevilla 2-4 real madrid raul hat-trick marcelo capel renato luis fabiano liga española Real Madrid - FC Barcelona santiago bernabeu Player in Corinthians - Cruzeiro - Flamengo - Grêmio -”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘capel’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for capel.