Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A trade-name of an explosive for use in blasting, consisting of nitroglycerin, sodium nitrate, wood-meal, and a little sodium carbonate.
- n. Same as native *coke.
- n. An explosive manufactured from a variety of materials, including nitroglycerine, wood meal and nitrates.
- n. A naturally occurring carbonaceous material formed from coal, natural coke.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An explosive consisting essentially of nitroglycerin, wood meal, and some nitrate, as that of sodium.
- n. An explosive composed of nitrobenzene, saltpeter, sulphur, and kieselguhr.
- From carbon + -ite. (Wiktionary)
“But I do think Han Solo encased in carbonite is sweet.”
“I have realized want to put movie stars or political leaders in carbonite for absolutely no related reason.”
“Bad CGI can go freeze itself in carbonite, if you wanted my two cents.”
“Will the machine freeze like in carbonite and wont be able to use it unless buying a full version licence? what exactly is happening when the test period ends? what will be our options?”
“Now I'll be encased in carbonite and buried under Yucca mountain for sure.”
“So now, thirty one years after Jabba sent Greedo to kill Han Solo, twenty-eight years after he had Bobba Fett bring home Han frozen in carbonite, twenty-five years after he tried to feed Luke to a Rancor and made a sex slave out of Princess Leia, we're meant to think of Hutts as sympathetic?”
“In the Season 20 premiere of The Simpsons, Boba Fett encases the famous animated family in carbonite during the opening title sequence.”
“Robert, that's the coolest thing I've seen since the Home Shopping Channel had the life-size Han Solo frozen in carbonite replicas on sale 10-15 years ago.”
“My favorite: Bart Simpson trapped in carbonite a la Han Solo. [via Neatorama]”
“Han and Leia, despite their differences and despite obstacles (like being frozen in carbonite), are drawn together, an example of the UNION.”
Looking for tweets for carbonite.