from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An explosive manufactured from a variety of materials, including nitroglycerine, wood meal and nitrates.
- n. A naturally occurring carbonaceous material formed from coal, natural coke.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An explosive consisting essentially of nitroglycerin, wood meal, and some nitrate, as that of sodium.
- n. An explosive composed of nitrobenzene, saltpeter, sulphur, and kieselguhr.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A trade-name of an explosive for use in blasting, consisting of nitroglycerin, sodium nitrate, wood-meal, and a little sodium carbonate.
- n. Same as native *coke.
From carbon + -ite. (Wiktionary)