from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heart-shaped plane curve, the locus of a fixed point on a circle that rolls on the circumference of another circle with the same radius.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An epicycloid with exactly one cusp; the plane curve with polar equation - having a shape supposedly heart-shaped
- adj. Having this characteristic shape
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An algebraic curve, so called from its resemblance to a heart.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A curve which may be considered as the path of a point on the circumference of a circle which rolls on another circle of equal size.
- Resembling or having the characters of the Cardiidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an epicycloid in which the rolling circle equals the fixed circle
cardio- + -oid (Wiktionary)