from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The curve described by a point on the circumference of a circle as the circle rolls on the outside of the circumference of a second, fixed circle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The locus of a point on the circumference of a circle that rolls without slipping on the circumference of another circle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A curve traced by a point in the circumference of a circle which rolls on the convex side of a fixed circle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In geometry, a curve generated by the motion of a point on the circumference of a circle which rolls upon the convex side of a fixed circle. These curves were invented by the Danish astronomer Roemer in 1674.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a line generated by a point on a circle rolling around another circle
Sorry, no etymologies found.