from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To commit forcible theft of (a vehicle) from its users.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To steal an automobile forcibly from someone.
- v. To forcibly steal some vehicle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to take (a car) by an act of carjacking.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A screw or hydraulic-jack used in lifting cars or locomotives, or in replacing them on the track when derailed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take someone's car from him by force, usually with the intention of stealing it
Anne Arundel County Police have charged two people with trying to carjack a neighbor at knifepoint.
This way the bad guys will breakin to your home rob, rape your wives, daughters, rob your home, carjack you, and all other crimes they can commit against you knowing you can not defend yourself.
I suppose the cops should have magically known that an idiot was going to carjack someone, and rob banks so they could prevent it. otherwise the there not doing their job.
Two men attempted to carjack Ted Mazetier, 84, of Tacoma, Washington.
You must be an idiot to carjack a vehicle equiped with OnStar.
Can you imagine what could have happened if she tried to pull out a gun on two men who were attempting to carjack her?
A man was shot and seriously wounded Friday night in the Anacostia area of Southeast Washington during what appeared to be an attempt to carjack him, D.C. police said.
Avis Budget vowed not to let Hertz carjack Dollar Thrifty, but its own offer still has a whiff of grand theft auto about it.
I am not proud to admit it, but I automatically think this is another "hood rat" that might rob me, or may carjack me if I sit at the streetlight too long.
An armed man tried to carjack a vehicle in a bank parking lot.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.