from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the short timbers running fore and aft that connect the transverse beams supporting the deck of a ship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of squared timber fitted fore-and-aft between the deck beams of a wooden ship to provide support for the deck planking.
- n. Alternative form of carlin (old woman)
- n. Alternative form of care, used in Carling Sunday or Care Sunday.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Sunday before Palm Sunday; the fifth Sunday in Lent, commonly known as Passion Sunday. It was an old custom to eat a certain kind of peas on that day.
- n. [l. c] plural The peas eaten on Passion Sunday; “grey peas steeped all night in water, and fried next day in butter” (Brockett).
- n. See carline.
Filed under: Music | Tagged: gin goblins, glasgow carling, hawkwind, silver machine
Filed under: Music | Tagged: gin goblins, glasgow carling, hawkwind, silver machine | 3 Comments »
Filed under: Music | Tagged: danko jones, glasgow carling academy, motorhead, overkill, saxon, set the tone, strathclyde students union
Filed under: Music | Tagged: danko jones, glasgow carling academy, motorhead, overkill, saxon, set the tone, strathclyde students union | 2 Comments »
One rammer  | On the beam or carling over the left
One sponge and cap  | On the beam or carling over the
Do your research : arsenal recently played in their first round of the carling cup against shrewsbury in front of almost 60,000 despite being in the CL so how comes they didnt have 33,000 ?
I predict Wales to beat Scotland in the WC qualifiers,as they beat them previously 3 - 0 prior to the minnows carling cup.
Yet though Hernandez struggled to his feet, he was clearly in trouble, inspiring Sir Alex Ferguson to give another rare opportunity to Michael Owen following his double against Leeds in the carling Cup in midweek.
Then there's the CL, FA and carling cup matches aswell.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.