from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the structural units of a pistil, representing a modified, ovule-bearing leaf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of the individual female reproductive organs in a flower. A carpel is composed of an ovary, a style, and a stigma, although some flowers have carpels without a distinct style. In origin, carpels are leaves (megasporophylls) that have evolved to enclose the ovules. The term pistil is sometimes used to refer to a single carpel or to several carpels fused together.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A simple pistil or single-celled ovary or seed vessel, or one of the parts of a compound pistil, ovary, or seed vessel. See Illust of carpaphore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a simple pistil, or one of the several members composing a compound pistil or fruit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a simple pistil or one element of a compound pistil
RA2be its called carpel tunnel syndrome because of muscle inbalance in your forearm extensors and flexors use this product to rebalance them.
The AirMouse is composed of a lightweight durable fabric that seamlessly aligns itself with the ligaments of your hand and wrist and assists them into a neutral posture during use preventing you from developing computer-related repetitive stress injuries such as carpel tunnel syndrome normally associated with other computer mouse use.
Thanks for telling me, Terri, since "carpel" means "One of the structural units of a pistil, representing a modified ovule-bearing leaf."
Mr. Brown says he has developed carpel tunnel syndrome in his hands from operating gasoline-powered weed trimmers.
Local clinics are already treating 1000s of people with Spiro-eyes and carpel tunnel syndrome, so just do it.
Judging by the props coming up, looks like your governor is going to have carpel tunnel from signing so many new laws. (do suspect most will pass)
If your student already has an iPad, or you're concerned about premature carpel tunnel, check out the Logitech Tablet Keyboard, one of CNET's Top Tech Items under $100.
Mrs. McCain, who has a history of carpel tunnel syndrome, has sensitive arms and was taken to a local hospital for X-rays and was then released.
Buddy in the picture is going to develop carpel tunnel syndrome if he isn't using the proper tools.
The female carpel structure appears rough and globular to the left.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.