from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of caseharden.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the surface hardened, as iron tools.
- adj. Hardened against, or insusceptible to, good influences; rendered callous by persistence in wrongdoing or resistance of good influences; -- said of persons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the outside hardened, as iron tools, etc.
- Figuratively, not sensitive; having no sense of shame; indifferent to reproof or dishonor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of persons; emotionally hardened
Sorry, no etymologies found.