American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The castor-oil plant.
- n. The poisonous seed of the castor-oil plant, from which castor oil is obtained.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See bean.
- n. The seed of the castor oil plant, Ricinus communis; used in the production of castor oil and of the poison ricin.
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Bot.) The bean or seed of the castor-oil plant (Ricinus communis, or Palma Christi.)
- n. the toxic seed of the castor-oil plant; source of castor oil
- castor (oil) + bean. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘castor bean’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for castor bean.