from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To pick up suddenly.
- v. To entangle.
- v. To provide with news.
- v. To be reaching something that had been ahead
- v. To compensate for or make up a deficiency.
- v. To get news
- v. To finally reach something inevitable.
- n. An act of catching up or attempting to catch up.
- n. An amount, a thing, or a receipt or repetition of information that enables one to catch up.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.