from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to mirrors and reflected images.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or produced by mirrors or reflections
- n. The branch of optics dealing with reflection.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to catoptrics; produced by reflection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the branch of optics called catoptrics; pertaining to incident and reflected light.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to catoptrics; produced by or based on mirrors
Greek katoptrikos, from katoptron, mirror; see okw- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek κατοπτικός, from κάτοπτρον (katoptron, "mirror"). (Wiktionary)