from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A silkworm moth, Hyalophora cecropia, native to North America, having red white and black markings
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of beautiful tropical American trees, with milky juice, natural order Urticaceæ.
- n. [lowercase] In entomology, a moth, Attacus cecropia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large genus of tropical American trees that yield a bast fiber used for cordage and bark used in tanning; milky juice yields caoutchouc
- n. North American silkworm moth; larvae feed on the leaves of forest trees
Sorry, no etymologies found.