from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A temporary, usually wooden framework on which an arch, vault, or dome is supported during construction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of center.
- n. Temporary wooden structure built to support an arch during construction
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as center, n., 6.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of focusing; specifically, the operation of bringing the centers of a set of lenses into line.
- n. The framing of timber by which an arch, as of a bridge or any vaulted work, is supported during its erection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the concentration of attention or energy on something
- n. (American football) putting the ball in play by passing it (between the legs) to a back
Sorry, no etymologies found.