from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metric unit of volume equal to one hundredth (10-2) of a liter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of centilitre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The hundredth part of a liter; a measure of volume or capacity equal to a little more than six tenths (0.6102) of a cubic inch, or one third (0.338) of a fluid ounce.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A liquid measure in the metric system, the hundredth part of a liter, a little more than three fifths of a cubic inch. Also spelled centilitre.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metric unit of volume equal to one hundredth of a liter
Sorry, no etymologies found.