from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various parasitic flatworms of the class Cestoda, including the tapeworms, having a long flat body equipped with a specialized organ of attachment at one end.
- adj. Of, relating to, or belonging to the class Cestoda.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various parasitic tapeworms of the class Cestoda
- adj. Of or characteristic of such creatures
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Cestoidea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as cestoid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ribbonlike flatworms that are parasitic in the intestines of humans and other vertebrates
From New Latin Cestoda, class name, from Latin cestus, belt, from Greek kestos; see cestus1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)