from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various parasitic and nonparasitic worms of the phylum Platyhelminthes, such as a tapeworm or a planarian, characteristically having a soft, flat, bilaterally symmetrical body and no body cavity. Also called platyhelminth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of very many parasitic or free-living worms, of the phylum Platyhelminthes, having a flattened body with no skeleton or body cavity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any worm belonging to the Platyhelminthes; also, sometimes applied to the planarians.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A platyhelminth; one of the Platyhelminthes, as a tapeworm: a name applied to animals of the planarian group. See cut under Dendrocæla.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. parasitic or free-living worms having a flattened body
Sorry, no etymologies found.