from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plain; a flat expanse of land; a champaign.
- n. A species of landscape that is flat and open.
- n. The level open countryside, as distinct from the mountains, forests or towns.
- n. common land; land that is not enclosed
- n. Someone who farms land that is not enclosed.
- n. A battlefield, especially when flat and open.
- n. A field of inquiry or study.
- adj. Flat or level and open, like a champian.
- adj. Level; equal; on a par with one another.
- adj. Of land that is not enclosed; of land that is common.
- adj. Pertaining to land that is not enclosed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as champaign.
- n. One who lives in or farms the open fields.
- Same as champaign.
Sorry, no etymologies found.