Did you perchance mean champion?
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plain; a flat expanse of land; a champaign.
- n. A species of landscape that is flat and open.
- n. The level open countryside, as distinct from the mountains, forests or towns.
- n. agricultural common land; land that is not enclosed
- n. Someone who farms land that is not enclosed.
- n. A battlefield, especially when flat and open.
- n. A field of inquiry or study.
- adj. Flat or level and open, like a champian.
- adj. Level; equal; on a par with one another.
- adj. agricultural Of land that is not enclosed; of land that is common.
- adj. Pertaining to land that is not enclosed.
“We were walking on grass now, and I saw that the tentcathedral had been pitched on a champian surrounded by semi-fortified houses; its insubstantial belfries looked down upon their parapets.”
“Daylight and champian discovers not more: this is open.”
“Island of Barrakoase or elce called Cock Island.  this Isl'd lieth in under the land, and is inhabbited with 7 or 8 families, as our pilot gave us an account. our former new Barkque, as wee heard, was taken into thiss river of barrakoase, and all butt one distroyed. the land here is high champian land far in the cuntry, butt near the water side low and Mangrovey.”
“only a 7 time tour de france champian could beat a car, bsnyc is going on a snobatical in july then!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘champian’.
Please contribute your favorite words from any of Gene Wolfe’s books to this prize-winning list.
In case you come across words in this list which are too commonplace to fit in, please ...
Looking for tweets for champian.