American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A riblike marking on wood or metal, caused by vibration of a cutting tool.
- n. Geology One of a series of short scars made by glacial drift on a surface of bedrock.
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Mach.) One of the fine undulations or ripples which are formed on the surface of work by a cutting tool which chatters.
- (Geol.) A short crack on a rock surface planed smooth by a glacier.
- n. marks on a glaciated rock caused by the movement of a glacier
- n. a mark made by a chattering tool on the surface of a workpiece
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘chatter mark’.
Looking for tweets for chatter mark.