from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The President of the United States.
- n. A principal executive official, such as the leader of a nation's government or the governor of a state.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The president of the United States.
- n. The head of government or head of state.
- n. The governor of a U.S. state.
- n. chief executive officer
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person who holds the office of head of state of the United States government
- n. the office of the United States head of state
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.