from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An enlisted rank in the U.S. Navy that is above petty officer first class and below senior chief petty officer.
- n. One who holds this rank.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An warrant officer belonging to one of the two classes of chief petty officer: chief petty officer first class and chief petty officer second class.
- n. A non-commissioned officer in the Royal Navy, ranking above petty officer and below warrant officer class 2.
- n. A non-commissioned officer in the United States Navy and United States Coast Guard, ranking above petty officer first class and below senior chief petty officer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person with the senior noncommissioned naval rank
Sorry, no etymologies found.