from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of chinning oneself, practiced especially as a fitness exercise. Also called pull-up.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An exercise done for strengthening the arms and back, in which one lifts one's own weight while hanging from a bar. It can be defined more restrictively on criteria like the arms starting at lock-out, or the chin requiring contact with the bottom of the bar, or touching the neck to the bar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an arm exercise performed by pulling oneself up on a horizontal bar until the chin is level with or above the bar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. raise oneself while hanging from one's hands until one's chin is level with the support bar
- n. an arm exercise performed by pulling yourself up on a horizontal bar until your chin is level with the bar
Sorry, no etymologies found.