from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of chinquapin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The dwarf chestnut of the United States, Castanea pumila, a shrub or tree, ranging from Pennsylvania to Texas, and bearing a nut similar to that of the chestnut, but smaller and solitary in the bur.
- n. On the Pacific coast of the United States, the Castanopsis chrysophylla, a tree or shrub of the Sierra Nevada and Cascade mountains.
- n. The nut of Castanea pumila.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small nut of either of two small chestnut trees of the southern United States; resembles a hazelnut
Sorry, no etymologies found.