Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The diarrhea which commonly precedes the severe symptoms in an attack of Asiatic cholera, or which occurs during the prevalence of cholera in cases where no further symptoms are developed. These cases may be considered abortive cases of cholera.—
- n. A name formerly used to designate the morbific agent of Asiatic cholera.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The precursory symptoms of cholera.
- n. The first stage of epidemic cholera.
- n. A mild form of cholera.
“In a large proportion of cases, the disease takes the course first described above, the diarrhoea, called the _premonitory symptoms_, or sometimes _cholerine_, coming on several hours, if not a day or more, before any other symptoms.”
“There seemed to be an epidemic of cholerine among the children, three having already died and one succumbed while we were at the kampong.”
“He thought the gentleman's attack of cholerine must be connected with the beer which people were talking about in the country.”
Looking for tweets for cholerine.