from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stone of meteoric origin characterized by chondrules.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A meteorite consisting of rock containing chondrules
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A meteoric stone characterized by the presence of chondrules.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A common class of meteoric stones, characterized by large numbers of rather minute spherical crystalline grains. See meteorite.
- n. A fossil marine plant of the Chalk and other formations: so called from its resemblance to the existing Chondrus crispus, or Irish moss.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rock of meteoric origin containing chondrules
Sorry, no etymologies found.