from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The spatial equivalent to chronology; the science of determining the order in which places or regions occur or are constructed.
- n. The study of the spatial distribution of organisms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of the laws of distribution of living organisms over the earth's surface as to latitude, altitude, locality, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of describing localities; chorography.
- n. The science of the geographical distribution of plants and animals; zoögeography and phytogeography.
Sorry, no etymologies found.