from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To publicize with circulars.
- transitive v. To canvass or poll using a questionnaire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To publicize something by publishing and distributing circulars.
- v. To canvass opinion by using a questionnaire.
- v. To make something circular in shape.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make circular.
- To bring to the notice or attention of by means of circulars; send circulars to (possible patrons) by way of advertisement: as, to circularize the clergy; to circularize investors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. canvass by using a questionnaire
- v. cause to become widely known
- v. distribute circulars to
- v. make circular
- v. canvass by distributing letters
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The letter states that the union's policy "is to circularize all members of AGMA with the names of any singer who enables Steel's plans at the long term cost of jobs and livelihoods."
In another neat trick, Turner could circularize the DNA molecules being sequenced, so the sequence could be repeated and checked multiple times.
Then I can circularize all the auto body shops around the three states, see if anybody brought in a vehicle for damage repair in those colors.
And they will circularize the orbiter to keep it in space.
The people on the flight deck, they're getting ready to (UNINTELLIGIBLE) to circularize the orbit.
And then they'll do an orbital insertion burn, depending on the parameters and then over the next day or so they'll circularize and set themselves up for rendezvous with the International Space Station.
In fact, that is, as you mentioned, the only abort we've ever had in the space shuttle program, and that was an abort-to-orbit case, where you had enough performance to make it to orbit, but as soon as you get to orbit, you'll have to do an orbital maneuvering system burn to circularize your orbit and raise your altitude high enough.
It fought to circularize at an endurable distance.
And we'll have to run the drive for another twenty-five years to circularize the orbit.
So, we were getting ready to circularize thousands of people and tell them, "Look, you can belong for a dollar a year."