Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which circulates: specifically applied to a circulating decimal fraction. See decimal.
- n. A juggler; a mountebank; one who goes about showing tricks.
- n. A function of two whole numbers, a variable, q, and a period, a, of the form where aq, etc., are circulating elements, and A0, etc., are numerical coefficients. Also called circulating function.
- n. A person or thing that causes something to circulate
- n. transport A local transit system that provides regular service within a closed loop
- n. electronics A passive electronic component with three or more ports, in which the ports can be accessed in such a way that when a signal is fed into any port it is transferred to the next port only
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, circulates.
- circulate + -or (Wiktionary)
“As a result, the circulator is shortening its normal Purple Route and will add the”
“But on the whole, the circulator is a tremendous asset and a great deal for city residents as it is funded mostly by the 2008 increase in the parking tax.”
“The circulator is the first person to meet with the patient before surgery.”
“QC in Motion events promote alternative transportation in the Quad-Cities, including The Loop, the Quad-Cities 'riverfront circulator which is in its first year.”
“Also in February, DATA hopes to launch a fare-free "circulator" bus that will loop through downtown every 10 minutes.”
“Rev.W. Lisle Bowles, first published in 1805.] [Footnote 18: Harvey, the 'circulator' of the 'circulation' of the blood, used to fling away Virgil in his ecstasy of admiration and say,”
“One of the pointers from their discussion board turns out this -- the guy is looking to offer a $200 sous vide heating immersion circulator ...”
“Volunteers described a meticulous process by which signatures were reviewed first by the circulator, then by the local recall office, then in a regional recall office, then at the Madison headquarters.”
“Local attorney Erin Fitzgerald, of Fitzgerald Law (www. legalfitz.com), is personally volunteering her time and talent to lead the recall's legal team, who ensures that the campaign is in compliance with Oregon election and volunteer signature circulator laws.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘circulator’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for circulator.