American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Distributed or occurring chiefly throughout the boreal regions of North America and Eurasia. Used especially of plants.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to the zone next outside the boreal or Arctic region.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a region of abundant forest growth, particularly spanning Eurasia and North America.
- adj. comprising or throughout far northern regions
- circum- + boreal (Wiktionary)
“Future wildfire in circumboreal forests in relation to global warming.”
“The circumboreal tundra-taiga interface: Late Pleistocene and Holocene changes.”
“When ecologists started poring over field research and peer-reviewed literature pertaining to the circumboreal region, they made a startling discovery, Mr. Kallick explains.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘circumboreal’.
Building a list for standardized test prep or just for learning some new words! Please add any words that you feel are important for the SAT/GRE/GMAT etc...
Don't tell them they are not real--they might cry.
Panvocalics are words that contain all the vowels. Listed here are "euvocalics": words that have each of the five vowels only once. (These are also a kind of supervocalic.) Words that also have a "...
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for circumboreal.