from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove the prepuce of (a male).
- transitive v. To remove all or part of the clitoris, prepuce, or labia of (a female).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To amputate the prepuce from a penis.
- v. To amputate the clitoris, prepuce, or labia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To cut off the prepuce of foreskin of, in the case of males, and the internal labia of, in the case of females.
- transitive v. To purify spiritually.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Literally, to cut round about; specifically, to perform the act or rite of circumcision on: as, to circumcise a child; also occasionally in Scripture, metaphorically, to purify from sin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cut the skin over the clitoris
- v. cut the foreskin off male babies or teenage boys
"behind the scenes of virtual jihad" the heart wants what it wants quote jews in space man eater animal meaning of diggity how to come up with a blogger name circumcise me who says i love you first how many veins does the butt have
"circumcise," "baptize," we must have specific words indicating specific actions, or we would not know what to do - we would be without a revelation, - in this matter.
The Jews are permitted to circumcise their own sons.
Besides Jews, other peoples circumcise their sons—for instance, Muslims.
But if they should circumcise another, they shall be punished as castrators.
Instead, the headline of the day became that President Putin wanted to circumcise a French journalist.
Is it too late to circumcise the head off this pe nis?
Jerusalem Post writes, The measure, if it passes, would make it a misdemeanor to circumcise a boy before the age of 18, with a maximum penalty of one year's jail time or a $1,000 fine.
Despite the strong case for infant circumcision, none of us would support a ballot initiative that forced parents to circumcise their sons.
Muslim parents also circumcise their male children.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.