Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Adjacent to the shore-line; extending along the shore: specifically applied to one of the zones into which some naturalists have divided the sea-bottom according to the depth of water covering each. In regard to depth the circumlittoral is the fourth zone, reckoning from the deepest or abyssal.
- adj. Around, or bordering the shore
- adj. Describing the part of the sea bottom immediately beyond the littoral
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Adjointing the shore.
- circum- + littoral (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘circumlittoral’.
Building a list for standardized test prep or just for learning some new words! Please add any words that you feel are important for the SAT/GRE/GMAT etc...
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Words that I used to know.
Looking for tweets for circumlittoral.