from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • v. To roll, curl or twist around

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • To roll; turn: as, to circumvolute a period.
  • To encircle or enwrap: as, circumvoluting twine.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • v. wind or turn in volutions, especially in an inward spiral, as of snail


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.