from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The governing body of a city.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A governing body of people elected to oversee management of a city and represent the interests of residents.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See under Council.
- n. the legislative branch of a city government, usually consisting of a board of aldermen and common council, but sometimes otherwise constituted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a municipal body that can pass ordinances and appropriate funds etc.
The city council has 60 days to name a replacement.
The city council has committed to providing customers with access to "world-class services" how, when and where they want them.
Organization for Women to the staffs of certain members of the city council.
WHo was married four times, who ran for city council, who was hired because he looked like a pop star? '
WHo was married four times, who ran for city council, who was hired because he looked like a pop star?
I found out they organized themselves in 2004 after George Bush was re-elected, and after they realized that there were no women on the city council.
Elba Garcia In Dallas, the city council will vote next month on extending an existing nighttime curfew for minors to make it broadly illegal for minors under 17 years old to appear in public without adult supervision during school hours.
It seemed like with city council races everybody would come through two or three months before the elections.
* Villaraigosa, along with the city council, bankrupted Los Angeles, in spite of dire warnings over the last 18 months that the City coffers were drying up, and he allowed and encouraged them to continue their spending sprees all the same.
I worked with city council, which included some good GOBs, and we got some good things done for our city.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.