from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that clasps.
- n. Any of the appendages of the male of certain insects and crustaceans that are used during copulation to hold the female.
- n. A posterior extension on each of the pelvic fins of male elasmobranch fishes that aids in the transmission of sperm during copulation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anything that clasps
- n. Any of several appendages, in insects, crustacea and fish, that are used to clasp the female during copulation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, clasps, as a tendril.
- n. One of a pair of organs used by the male for grasping the female among many of the Crustacea.
- n. One of a pair of male copulatory organs, developed on the anterior side of the ventral fins of sharks and other elasmobranchs. See Illust. of Chimæra.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which clasps.
- n. The operator who makes clasps or attaches them to books or other articles.
clasp + -er (Wiktionary)