from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or business of a clerk
- n. : A temporary job of assisting a judge in writing legal opinions, generally available to a beginning attorney for one to two years.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State, quality, or business of a clerk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being in holy orders.
- n. Scholarship; erudition.
- n. The office or business of a clerk or accountant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the job of clerk
Sorry, no etymologies found.