from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the role, duty or position of being a lieutenant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office, rank, or commission, of a lieutenant.
- n. The body of lieutenants or subordinates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office, authority, or incumbency of a lieutenant.
- n. The jurisdiction of a lieutenant; a district or territory over which a lieutenant exercises authority.
- n. Lieutenants collectively.
- n. In archery, a rank or prize at a shooting-match: usually awarded to the archer who makes the second greatest number of hits without regard to score, or who first hits the second or next to the innermost circle of the target.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the position of a lieutenant
Sorry, no etymologies found.