from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. used in several situations with a meaning similar to helping
- n. A matrix in which each element is the cofactor of an associated element of another matrix.
- n. An assistant mayor of a French commune
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An adjunct; a helper.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. 1. One who is joined or associated with another as a helper; an adjunct.
- n. In France, specifically — An assistant of or substitute for the mayor of a commune, or in Paris of an arrondissement. An assistant professor in a college.
Sorry, no etymologies found.