from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several rushlike plants, of the genus Scirpus and others, including the reed mace and bulrush.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rushlike plant, the reed mace or cat-tail, or some species of the genus Scirpus. See bulrush.
- n. any rush of the genus Scirpus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Scirpus.
- n. The cattail reed, Typha latifolia.
Sorry, no etymologies found.