from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The bringing together of two parts to form a seamless whole; used especially of a dislocated joint or a broken bone
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The adaptation or adjustment of parts to each other, as of a broken bone or dislocated joint.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The adaptation or adjustment of parts to one another.
- n. In surgery, the act of placing the broken extremities of a bone in their natural position, or of restoring a luxated bone to its place; bone-setting.
- n. In anatomy, a kind of gliding articulation of one bone with another, as that of the patella with the femur.
Sorry, no etymologies found.