from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To know or be aware of.
- v. To select a pattern of information and assign it as an entity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To know or perceive; to recognize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make an object of cognition or thought; perceive; become conscious of; know. Also spelled cognise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about
From Latin cognōscō ("know"), from con ("with") + gnōscō ("know"). (Wiktionary)