from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A painter skilled in achieving special effects with color.
- n. A hairdresser who specializes in dyeing hair.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who colors; an artist with a talent for coloring
- n. A hairdresser who is a specialist in colouring and tinting hair.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who colors; an artist who excels in the use of colors; one to whom coloring is of prime importance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of those who upheld the theory that the sensation and phenomena of heat are attributable to a fluid called caloric.
- n. One who colors; a painter; especially, when used absolutely, a painter whose works are notable for beauty of color.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a painter able to achieve special effects with color
colour + -ist (Wiktionary)